header

header

4.09.2009

Estrogen Replenishment

The Soul Sisters convened yesterday morning and I replenished my estrogen reserves to get me through another month in this hub of testosterone. It was a relaxed morning of talking, coffee, and blueberry scones.

We determined that Oprah is out of touch with reality, and needs to stick with dogs.

We agreed that Ellen is hilarious and we can't get enough (even though her obsession with sharing about Portia gets a little creepy sometimes)

We learned how to schedule our blog posts ahead.

We planned future field trips together and made a list.

We swooned over "M"s new sassy haircut that is soooo swingy!

We ate lots of yummy food (scones and chocolate chip cookies!) and requested recipes.

We laughed at facebook profiles of some recent "friend requests" (who do those people think they are fooling with those pictures???)

We bitched a little (a teeny bit)about our husbands/kids/messy houses.

We ooh-ed and ahh-ed over Joy's new wood and glass ring line she brought to share. Take a look!





We promised to meet again soon and bring all our fabric scraps to share for a fun project we are excited about!

Joy wrote to her "sisters" this week and shared this amazing quote. I have to pass it on. My wish for you is to have friends like I have...


"What I expect from my male friends is that they are polite and clean. What I expect from my female friends is unconditional love, the ability to finish my sentences for me when I am sobbing, a complete and total willingness to pour their hearts out to me, and the ability to tell me why the meat thermometer isn't supposed to touch the bone." -Anna Quindlen


Cheers to Soul Sisters, my kindred spirits in this crazy world.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. These wood and glass rings are getting lots of great compliments...everyone who wears them tells me how many comments they get on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers right back at you, my dear soul sister!!! Would that quote be too big for a frame???? :) We may need to take a pretty picture of us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this quote and wish I had soul sisters like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those rings are FABULOUS - LOVE the design.

    cheers to soul sisters everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oprah got booted from our TiVo schedule a while back to. You're 100% right.

    You were complaining at your hubbies? LOL. What's that all about. When has a man done anything that warranted a complaint? Kidding, I'm kidding.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had "soul sisters"! It's been so long since I had any female friends...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work