header

header

2.03.2010

Gourmet Rice Krispies Treats

Who doesn't have fond memories of Rice Krispie Treats?


My real life friend Marzipan made some Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Bars a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to try them ever since. Now, Marzipan has lots of fancy ingredients just there in her pantry all the time. Me? Not so much. So, I dumbed down her recipe a bit, but I think my version is just as yummy. Want to cook?

Gourmet Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats


crust-

3 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups mini marshmallows or 20 reg. marshmallows
2 Tbsp. butter

peanut butter layer-

1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter

chocolate icing-

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
4 Tbsp. butter

To make the crust, melt the butter in a pan and add marshmallows (just like Rice Krispie Treats, people). Stir until melted and smooth then mix in cereal and stir until well coated. Press into an 8 inch pan and let cool.


To make the peanut butter layer, mix the white and dark chips and the peanut butter in a metal or glass bowl. Then make your own double boiler by setting it onto a sauce pan with about one inch of simmering water in the bottom.



Stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir for 30 seconds longer. Pour over the Rice Krispies crust and spread evenly.



To make the chocolate icing, add your chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup to the same bowl you used for the peanut butter and place over your simmering water again. Melt the chips while stirring, then remove from heat and stir 30 seconds longer. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.

Pop the whole pan in the fridge for 1 hour, then cut and eat! Sit back and listen to your kids tell you that you're the best mom EVERS! Make sure you nod in agreement while throwing your husband a look that says "I rock! Was there ever any doubt?"


.

21 comments:

  1. These look really yummy to me, but can you believe all three of my kids never liked peanut butter? So sad, I know. These look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids asked for those the other day...it was the corn syrup that put the brakes on over here. Didn't have any.

    You rock whether you make cookies or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny how a president has to perform acts of extreme knowledge and compassion to please the masses and we moms need only whip up a batch of Rice Krispie bars to be worshipped and idolized ....too funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I realized that I've Never made the boys rice krispie treats! What kind of a mom am I?!? They've apparently never had pudding either...last night I placed wonderful fancy cups of vanilla pudding in front of them and they looked at me like I had 2 heads! (Yep, mother of the year!). And they didn't like it! What kid doesn't like pudding?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. now THAT'S what i'm talkin' about!! holy yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've enjoyed these for years! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy!! So easy I think I can make them... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm! You have any left? Bring em on over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, we have no chocolate (other than chocolate chips) in the house and I would kill to have some of those. Sadly, I don't stock exotic ingredients either. No Rice Krispies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just rushed in with all of my supplies....CAN'T wait to try them!!! I certainly don't want to come down off my chocolate-peanut butter high that I've been on all week.....the cheesecake is almost gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look and sound AMAZING. They have everything in them that I love. I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mind says yes, but my hips say no. Can you believe my children aren't big on sweets? I am, in more ways than one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes....can I lick the spoon? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound like pure perfection... Oh. My. Goodness : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love chocolate and peanut butter! These look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh yes! these are gettin' made. Not sure how I ended up here but I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally making these..... microwave version though :) I am definitely starting to miss my oven!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work