header

header

6.10.2010

The Birthday Girl



The Soul Sisters gathered at our favorite "nook" in our favorite restaurant to celebrate The Treat Girl's birthday last night and what a hoot! It was the first time all 5 of us had been together in months and we talked and laughed away our precious few hours.

Treat Girl opened my gift of a giant "M" and a wishing necklace to get her through some changes that may be upcoming.



More laughing and ridiculous ordering of drinks such as "Can I have Pinot Grigio ... in a glass?" WHAT?!? This dissolved us in laughter, so, from that point on we all ordered everything in a similar fashion "Chicken tortilla soup ... in a bowl, please." Or "I'll have the Naked Lamb Roll, and could you put that on a plate, please?" "Thanks for the Blue Moon, I'm so happy you remembered to put it in a glass!" Our waiter was about 60% entertained, 20% annoyed, 30% confused, and 10% bad at math, as am I.

After all the antics, he delivered our order, and it looked like this:



We were stunned into silence then dubbed it "Dog Dick on a Stick" and Treat Girl attempted to eat it amidst much camera flashing (is there no dignity?):



Finally, to wrap up the evening, my hand grazed my chin and I swear I felt a beard! Further investigation revealed a long hair that had been laying low while growing under my chin...more camera flashes and laughter through tears ensued:



It may have been a Wednesday night, but we treated it like Friday for our Treat Girl! Happy birthday, friend!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you girls had a super time together - so lucky to have each other for comic relief! And BTW, where DO those chin hairs come from? I swear they pop up overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous time!! Can't beat unexplained laughter with girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear it doesn't matter how old you are, but you get about 5 girlfriends together and the goofier you get! I love the dog on a stick, hilarious! That poor waiter, all you ladies harassing him, lol! And the chin hair, I about fell off my chair. Seriously if I had fallen it would be just like that commercial, Help I've fallen and I can't get up! You know me and a cast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun night!! i need more of those!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my. Soooooo funny! Just think of all of the calories that you burned laughing the night away though. You girls could have had an extra dessert, I bet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those nights where you wake up with sore ribs from laughing so hard! Your math looks pretty solid to me..especially after drinking pino in a Glass ;) I absolutely died from the hair picture! I bet the waiter was overjoyed when ya'll left!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.my.gosh! Hilarious! Sounds like a near perfect night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm CRYING!!!!! I drifted off to sleep last night savoring the FUUUNNNNN night we shared and my last thoughts were....."She better not put that picture of me eating the Dog Dicks on a Stick on her blog tomorrow!!!!" :) Thanks again Miss! I looooove my treats! My Soul Sisters ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me miss my girl friends so bad.. It's been 4 years since we have all been together.. We were the fab 5..

    I am so glad you all had a fun night..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I smiled all the way through that because I felt the fun and laughter in your words. GREAT post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG not dreaded chin hair. I hate chin hair. Glad you can laugh at it. Make sure you keep laughing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE good times with friends! It looks like it was a real hoot ~ and I'm sure the waiter got a kick out of your group too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You, my dear, are a brave brave woman. How many Blue Moons did you have before you pulled that hair out of your chin? lol! Looks like a terrific group and a blast of a time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm crying all over again! Remind me again why we don't do that every week?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work