header

header

6.30.2010

Summer Staycation - The Laurel Highlands



Like I mentioned earlier this week, we went on a mini-vaca last week and decided to keep it in the 'hood, migrating an hour down the road to our ski condo in the Laurel Highlands. We packed some clothes and some friends, and our combined 8 children, and headed out.

Travel expenses: A tank of gas
Lodging: Free
Restaurant bills: None
Family Fun: Priceless

Once you begin to research it, and treat your home like a vacation destination, you will see there are so many fun things to do that you can't even fit them all in! We did all the things the kids ever asked to do. You know, the requests you respond with "We'll see. Maybe someday..."

So, this is what we did last week:



Our hiking, biking, sunning, swimming, rock jumping, rock sliding, horse riding, golfing, caving, exploring Staycation.

Tutorial Tuesday is going strong, click on over to add to the list of great projects, or browse for some inspiration, like...

This great Travel Organizer for your own summer vacation!

9 comments:

  1. I miss doing this stuff with my guys....cherish these times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like blast to me! :) Fun family time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous! How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect staycation to me Jen! And from the looks of the pictures, everyone should have been happy and tired by the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a blast on your Staycation!! Can't wait to check out Ohiopyle tomorrow! Wish me luck....I'm worried I'm going see the bikes flying out behind me on the turnpike :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome! I have been longing for some free time to do something like this! Looks like your kids had a great time! :] Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jen...my ad looks so good on your website...I look forward to long partnership ;-)

    Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday we traveled 45 minutes to a water park, then it occurred to me, we could have had a whole vacation right there. There were lots of other attractions too. I love the idea of taking advantage of what's right there nearby. Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work