header

header

5.16.2008

TGIF


Well, it's shaping up to be a good day. I busted my hump to get my house clean so that I could reward myself with lunch with my girlfriend at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Mad Mex. We both always get the same order: Chicken Chickpea Chili Burrito! It has all the rice and beans and cheese and meat tucked inside and they paint a cactus on the top with some chipotle mayo. LOVE IT!

While we were there we exchanged goodies from our Etsy shops, I gave her an "M" Typewriter Key Necklace www.hopestudios.etsy.com and she gave me a cool new ring she is going to debut in her shop soon www.joybeadworks.etsy.com:

This weekend, we are expecting some more rain and cool weather, so I have the perfect Sunday dinner for you. Pork loin roast with cranberry orange sauce, mashed potatoes with pork gravy and green beans. I made this last week and it was a huge hit.

Rub the pork loin with Cajun spice mix and sear on all sides then stick it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 mins. Add some butter and diced scallions to the pan drippings then deglaze with some chicken broth, scraping up all the yummy bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Let that simmer with a bit of flour and -BAM- gravy!

Next, mix together about 1/4 cup of cranberry sauce, 1 Tbsp. orange juice, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon in a small pan and let reduce until its smooth and a bit thickened-BAM-sauce!

Pop out the roast and drizzle sauce over slices of meat and a bit of gravy over potatoes, add some green beans...you're super wife-mom again. You're welcome. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great comfort-food meal. Pork tenderloin is great for weeknight meals - cooks up so quickly. I'll have to whip up some Cajun spices and try this recipe. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work