header

header

7.22.2008

Leather Beaded Bracelet / Necklace Tutorial


The beaded bracelet we made yesterday is so fun and beachy to wear everyday.

We started with a 24 inch length of leather cord. The diameter of the strap or cord is determined by the size of the bead holes. I used the thinner one, but you can see here a thicker suede strap with wooden beads has a whole different look! The kids even joined in with hemp cord and plastic letter beads.

Begin by tying a knot about 3 inches from the end of your cord then slide on a bead.

Lock the bead in place with a knot on the other side.

Tie knots and beads at varying intervals down the cord. I placed beads every 1 1/2 - 3 inches of different sizes, shapes, and colors. I was going for a beach glass look.

Gather up both ends together and tie in a knot to finish. The bracelet can be wound around your wrist to for a stacked look or doubled and worn as a necklace.

These things we girls plan together are all inexpensive and fun. They are getting me through the long summer with three kids and giving me much needed adult interaction. The shot of estrogen doesn't hurt! Who said play dates are just for kids?

See the ring in the last photo? It's an Interchangeable Bead Ring that can coordinate with every outfit! Just change out the hand made bead to suit your mood! It's ingenious! Get one at Joy Beadworks!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I think I'll tie a loop on one end and a button on the other to make it easy to secure. My knots are horrible and always come undone!

    Thanks for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work