header

header

7.16.2008

My Favorite Grilled Chicken Recipe

Where I come from, there is only one kind of BBQ Chicken. Every family has their own "secret recipe" but they are all variations of the same. Every firehall chicken BBQ fundraiser on the side of the road uses it, I'm sure you've stopped at least once, drawn in by the aroma. Mmmmmm, I'm hungry just thinking of it.

My dad calls it Cornell Chicken, my mom calls it Grampy Cleveland's Chicken, some people call it Firehouse Chicken...I'll give you my dad's recipe which is my favorite. So, here is Cornell Chicken:

1 1/3 c. oil
2/3 c. white vinegar
1/3 c. salt
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 eggs

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend about 20 seconds...not too long or it will turn into mayonnaise! It will look white and foamy like this

Next, is also your own preference, you can marinate it for a few hours

or baste it while it cooks.

Normally, if you do both it will end up too salty. We usually marinate it then baste it once halfway through. It develops a lovely, salty crust on the skin that is heavenly.


The ultimate menu would be this chicken, potato salad (I have a good recipe for that, too) and some baked beans. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I've been MEANING to ask him for that recipe! Thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuummmm...yum!!!!!!!!!....the famous chicken bar-b-q recipe in Bufflao is Chiaviatas!!!.....it is so famous at all the fundraisers, carnivals and firehalls that they bottle it and sell it in all the grocery stores!!!!....my dad always makes sure to hook me up with several bottles every season....I'll be sure to share one with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...and I forgot to mention I haves a killer baked bean recipe that I'm making them tonight for my cousins visit...and I think I'll make it into a post...I'm famous for them!!!...when I was growing up my Aunt Berniece ALWAYS brought her german potato salad in this white bowl with red tulips around the top...I've turned into her with my beans!!!...every picnic in the summer...here comes Aunt Pam with the beans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds really good. I am always looking for great chicken recipes as we eat a lot of poultry in our home!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenn,
    Just found this post...I am marinating my chicken as I type. This looks so yummy...my hubby loves his salt so he will adore this. I used a good olive oil and cider vinegar(all I had). Love the taste of the marinade on it's own, so I know the chicken is going to be fabulous!

    Janet xox

    PS...a little red skin Potato salad and grilled zucchini and we are good to go

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this recipe on your blog and I copied it down - can't wait to try it next weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work