header

header

12.31.2008

Christmas Card Note Pads Tutorial


Whimsy Love demonstrated how to make a paint chip notepad some time ago and I have had fun with this project several times since. I am addicted to lists due to "mommy brain" and need to write everything down or I will forget, so I keep small notebooks in my purse, in my car, in the junk drawer...
Here is a similar project that involves my favorite subject - recycling!!! Let's reuse and re purpose those holiday cards and the mounds of homework sheets that come home in our kids' folders daily.

Supplies:
Old Christmas Cards (or how about those junk mail postcards?)
Homework pages that are blank on one side
Stapler
Scissors or paper cutter
Ruler

Cut out the portion of the card you'd like to showcase then fold the inside cover up about 1/2 inch. You will then need to trim some of the "cover" accordingly, so that it will tuck neatly into the fold.

Cut your homework papers about 1/4 inches smaller than the cover in width and length. Here, the measurement is 3 1/2 x 4 inches. 20 papers per cover is about right.

Insert the papers into the cover and staple near the bottom of the fold.


Tuck the cover into the fold (trim as necessary to let it lay flat) and you're finished! Recycle, Re purpose, Reuse...

19 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using Christmas Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn.
    OFF.
    YOUR.
    BRAIN!!!!!
    LOL!!!
    You're going to drive yourself NUTS!
    Have fun at moms. She said you may skype so I can see the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, this is the first time I've seen your blog and I really enjoyed it. I'm gonna make these notepads. I will visit regularly. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Sally
    sjhackney@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute idea. You make it look easy but I bet when I get to it I'll make a mess of it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! Too bad I threw out all of our non-picture cards yesterday :( Will figure out a way to make this happen :) Also, Matt must be your brother. He sounds just like mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Using the card is so nice because of those who sent them to you. You can think of them again and again!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just found your blog through Modpodge news letter. love this!! will be great little gifts for office team members.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cute idea because I always have cards that are handmade and I don't want to throw them away. I may have to lift this idea!!! Super cute. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even express how much I love this simple and yet oh-so-ingenious idea! Thank you. I'm totally addicted to notepads and now I can easily make my own to scatter everywhere.
    I can't wait to explore more of your blog to find more great ideas and projects.

    Melissa (Mo)

    http://mosmomstuff.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/MOCreations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I've made these for the last couple of years. I use both Christmas and everyday cards. By fall craft fair time I have lots of them made up and they sell like hotcakes! With the "matchbook style" covers, the papers always stay neat and clean in the glove box in the car and in my purse. I'm never without a note sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found you via All Free Christmas Crafts. This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy your ideas. Most cards fold on the side so how did you get it to fold down at the top? Did you glue the back to the front or how did you accomplish this?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tutorial is pretty awesome. Perfect in my adventure of creaing my own christmas card this year. I think I'm going to put a "notebook" style space inside the card for my Christmas messages. That would give me chance to write long messages. Anyway, this is great. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOW DO YOU FOLD SINCE MOST CARDS FOLD FROM THE SIDE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make your own fold where you want it. You don't have to use the fold in the card

      Delete
  15. Just discovered your site. I've added this to my list of 'gifts to make'. I love recycling. I hadn't thought of the matchbook style. Great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea for using all those old cards I've held onto. This is my first time to your blog. And I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work