header

header

5.27.2009

You're Invited to a Book Exchange Party!


I held my first Book Exchange Party this afternoon for my best girlfriends, and it was a raging success! As summer approaches, I needed to stock up on pool/beach books and decided to throw a party where we could all exchange. It turned out to be a fun afternoon and we all came away with some new treasures. Best of all, we didn't spend a dime.

Guests received this email via Evite:



I pulled some mini-cupcakes out of the freezer and topped with fresh cream cheese frosting:



I had extra frosting and made little shots of the good stuff on individual spoons:



I slaved over this yummy Lemon Punch:



Country Time Lemonade mix and sliced lemons...shhhhh....



I printed up some cute raffle tickets for guests to fill out when they arrived:



A hand made book mark was the prize:



After guests donated books, they were given a ticket to redeem for new choices:



Look at the bounty!!! We included magazines for the busy moms who aren't up for reading a whole book yet:



My guests browsed:



And snacked:



And chatted:



It was a success and everyone is already looking forward to the next exchange. It was my easiest party yet. Happy reading!

13 comments:

  1. I'm coming over from SITS to say hello! I love your book exchange party idea - looks like a lot of fun and a huge success. And, those painted letters hanging on the yellow wall in your dining area are so cool. Did you make them? Do they spell something or are they random letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from SITs with another hello! What a great idea :) And your frosing looks fabulous. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the book exchange idea! I made the mistake of starting Twilight thanks to a long, boring road trip...and I am...addicted. (I was the one who scoffed at my gfs for loving these books so much...little did I know!)

    I love the books, but I only recommend if you don't need to clean your house,take care of a family, or sleep...because you won't want to put them down! I have an inkling you won't mind missing the cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You clever girl! I especially love the *frosting shots*. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea! If only I had "real life" girlfriends instead of just "virtual" ones to have a real life book exchange with!

    And frosting shots? How clever! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun time! Thanks for the great party. I'm looking forward to reading my new books and had fun meeting some of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is soooo my kind of party! thanks for the terrific idea (and for the clever sweet shots, too).

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwwwhhhh Miss!!!!!!! I'm soooo sorry I couldn't make it!!!! Pleeeaase have another one!! ...and maybe we could exchange dvd's too??? Frosting on a spoon??!!! OMG!!!!!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! I'm making my SIL cupcakes for her birthday next week and will surely do this with the extras!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...and FYI the bug huge jug of Walmart-brand lemonade in the juice aisle is THE best!!! ....and even easier!!!! :)...they even have pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like you had a great time! I want a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! I have thought about doing something like this for cookbooks! How did people choose their books? Was there an order, or did people just take what they wanted when they found something they liked? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fabulous idea!!!!!! I think i'm going to have to steal it :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work