My sister sent me this little questionnaire and I thought it was a fun trip down memory lane. I actually completed this last month, but am just posting it. Come on along on a journey of "firsts"...
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
One of my first boyfriends, Kevin Sparling
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
That would, again, be Kevin…as much as one knows “love” when they are 16, it seemed like love at the time. But, no, I don’t know anything about him now and don’t talk to him.
3. What was your 1st alcoholic drink?
A Rolling Rock pony on the fender of a tractor in a hay field. What a picture that would be.
4. What was your FIRST job?
Running blueprints in a company that designed Post and Beam homes. The copier they use for this smells strongly of ammonia, I have never been able to smell that scent without getting a migraine since.
5. What was your FIRST car?
A green Toyota Tercel, plastic seats, no tape player, no AC but it was all mine and I drove and drove that thing. Gas was under a dollar and it got me far.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
Verizon Wireless, to tell my online bill was ready to view. They really are always thinking of me…and my money.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
The Big Guy, because it’s his birthday (but really it was one of my kids who woke me up to turn on their video game for them)
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Button…I think. She had buck teeth and a bouffant, two attributes that are worse in combination.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
With The Big Guy to Aruba when I was 22 or 23. And it was amazing. I expected to be proposed to on that trip, but it wasn't to be.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Becky, and we do still talk through email and facebook occasionally. I was like a fixture in their household for several years and I still think of them as my second family.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over???
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
I said “happy birthday” to The Big Guy.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?\
My friend, Lisa. We wore long royal blue velvet gowns with a giant bow and elbow length blue satin gloves. Dude, it was the 90's, what can I say?
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
I got up and went pee…what?! You asked! What did YOU do?
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
James Taylor at Star Lake Amphitheatre. I remember seeing women in a field next to the parking lot, it looked like an Easter egg hunt…but they were squatting and peeing! Hmmm, two pee answers in a row… be right back!
16. FIRST tattoo?
My second year in college I got a dove tattooed on my hip. It wasn’t the smartest thing I’ve ever done and though it's only about an inch long, I've considered having it removed several times.
17. First piercing?
I got my ears pierced for my 10th birthday. I became green and started to pass out a bit, I may have even puked at one point. I’m a wimp with body mutilation.
18. First foreign country you've been to?
Do the islands count? Otherwise, it will be France this year.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
ET or Raiders of the Lost Arc, can’t remember, but it was a BIG deal to go to the theater and I've loved the experience of seeing a movie on the big screen ever since.
20. When was your first detention?
I don’t remember ever having detention…but I remember lots of things that merited detention!
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Laurie Blosser in college. We met at orientation and hit it off. We were pen pals the whole summer before and had a great freshman year. I ran into her a few years ago while on vacation. I was hugely pregnant and I thought how different we both were from those days.
23. If you had one wish, what would it be?
I always wish for my kids to be happy, kind people.
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
I have always wanted to play the piano. I have considered taking lessons once all my kids are in school next year.