header

header

8.03.2009

Starbuck's Chocolate Espresso Caramel Latte Cupcakes



I participated in a bake sale a few months ago and specialty cupcakes were requested. I tried to think of a decedent cupcake, but wasn't finding the right recipes. I had a can of Starbuck's Double Shot leftover from a Christmas gift basket and some inspiration from Saucy and after some substitutions, a recipe was born. (Warning: don't eat these right before bed - unless you're trying to pull an all nighter)

Starbuck's Chocolate Espresso Caramel Latte Cupcakes


Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces; 240 g) plus 2 T sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 cup (2 sticks, 230 g) lightly salted butter (not margarine), at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 oz; 300 g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 small can Starbuck's Double Shot Espresso and Cream (6.9 oz can)
1 t. vanilla extract

Caramel
Chocolate covered coffee beans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Measure flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, and salt into a bowl and whisk to mix. Set aside.

Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Alternately, add the dry ingredients and the Starbuck's Double Shot, beating after each addition, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. Stir in the vanilla extract.

Spoon batter into the cupcake papers, 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.

Pipe my favorite Buttercream recipe on top (1/2 of this recipe should suffice), drizzle with your favorite gourmet caramel ice cream topping, and sprinkle with chocolate covered coffee beans.





Do you have a great recipe? It's pass as a tutorial if you want to get in on my Tuesday Tutorial Linky Party tomorrow. Come post us some how-to's to learn us somethin' new!

8 comments:

  1. Oh. For the love of all that is good and holy. Why must you tempt me?! Espresso? Caramel? Coffee Beans?!?! Why?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously drooling over that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome! I bet they sold out in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh.....they look AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I second Taiya! So yummy!
    XOXO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have to go get a can of double shot espresso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what Heaven looks like. Oh my. I can nearly taste it from here! Definitely jotting down the ingredients for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is everything I love, all in a little cupcake. Thanks so much! I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work