BUT, if you want a fun, inexpensive project to help you get started...that's where I come in! Behold, Clothespin Baby Jesus!
Peacemaker brought this home from CCD last week and we've been waiting with baited breath for the seeds to sprout! Let's make it:
1. Make a baby from a clothes pin, marker, and felt
2. Find an empty toilet paper roll to make a cradle.
3. Cut the TP roll in half lengthwise and crossways, leaving you with two semi-circles.
4. Hot glue the two half circles, round sides opposite to form a bed. Give the kids some soil and wheatgrass seeds (also known as "cat grass") to plant for bedding.
5. After about 7 days, you will have enough grass to cut for bedding.
6. Add to your favorite nativity!
Think of making all the other pieces to the nativity with more clothes pins and pieces of fabric! Like this one at Roger's Place Blog!
Still looking for more fun-with-kids craft ideas? Okay then, you could always make some Swirly Christmas Balls...
Your own chance to link up a Hand Made Christmas Ornament will be here soon! Check back around 10 pm for a sneak peak at tomorrow's post!