header

header

12.07.2009

Tying Up Loose Ends

This is going to be a wrap-up random post. I have a bunch of loose ends to tie up and I'm going to try to do it in one shot.

I'm working on my New Year's Resolution a little early, moving out of my comfort zone. I'm resistant to change. One of the things that annoys the Big Guy is that in each restaurant we go to, I have a particular favorite and order the same thing every time.

Well, we went out a few weeks ago. I looked at the menu and thought to myself..."Self? Let's get the crabcakes." Then, I decided to move out of my comfort zone and said..."Self! We're going to try the Texas Elk!"



Guess what? It was beautiful and I loved it. Ha.



We've had our first snow in Western Pa. and here's the proof:



My oldest son turned...11! Wow, times flies. If I wasn't feeling sad enough about the passage of time, my mom reminded me he will be a teenager in 2 years and my dad informed me he'd be driving in 4. PEOPLE! DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST 4 YEARS FLIES??? This is serious.



And finally, I wrapped up my benefit for little Camryn. I wanted to thank all of you for your contributions. Using the $50 I would have donated to purchase supplies, I worked on some special projects for her and raised nearly $300 to contribute to her fund by selling items in my Etsy shop. Thank you, thank you all for your generosity!



Tomorrow, I will re-cap our Polar Express Pajama Party! Woot!

.

8 comments:

  1. The teen driving is serious...and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh scary stuff. My dad enjoyed mentioning that Taylor was now more than half-way to driving this year. (9) Yeah. Thanks dad. ;)
    Good for you on the New year's resolution. I do the same thing at some restaurants. Others, I go crazy. I'm restaurant bi-polar. lol.

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo that Texas Elk looks yummie! You're so lucky to get snow... we just getting cold cold rain in NYC. Happy bday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on moving out of your zone!

    And teens driving?! Yes! Very scary! I have 2 learning, now! so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a fifth birthday party coming up this weekend and it seems just like yesterday we were driving home from the hospital with her. So yeah, I do know how fast it goes by. And it terrifies me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day I'm in Western New Your your neighboring state.

    Lovely blog...
    Dorothy from grammology

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, I do the exact same thing as you. I order the exact same thing at certain restaurants. Hell, I could be in the bathroom and my wife could just order for me if I wasn't there - it's that routine. But I'm trying to do the same thing and mix it up every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wondering about those loose ends!

    Ha! I, too, order the same thing from restaurants.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work