header

header

4.01.2010

Fun Vacation Game

When we were in Florida this month, we took the kids to the pool at night after dinner. Like The Big Guy said "The smell of a pool at night makes it really feel like vacation." I thought about it and he's right. It's really the only time we ever night swim and that makes it extra special!

Because it was a little chilly during our trip, the kids "swam" in the hot tub and we played a fun game of find the rings...only we used glow necklaces in the dark pool.

A package of 3 necklaces from the dollar store yielded hours of nighttime swimming fun. The other children at the pool were intrigued and thought it was so fun to dive under the water to look for glowing rings!

Toss them in:



Dive down to search for them:



Show off your glowing prize!



.

13 comments:

  1. so creative!! we used to "dive" for things in the pool too...searching for glowing things would have been way cooler though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids too LOVE hot tub swimming. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that the glow necklaces would sink. What a fun night game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great tip! I'll have to remember it if we get to go to the beach this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So smart. That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like fun! Oh, thank you for commenting and following my blog. That means a lot to me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is right about the smell of the pool at night - right when I read that, I could imagine it and vacation time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You brought back some great memories with this post, the smell...the diving. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, totally doing this. I use those all the time in class for various activities...never thought to use them in the pool!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work