header

header

4.26.2010

Space Saving Closet Hanger Tutorial

I have had the following project on the back burner since this winter - I'm slow, but I never forget a project!

So here is a tutorial I saw on Little Birdie Secrets for a Space Saving Hanging System for your clothes.

Supplies:

Sturdy Ribbon (about 10 inches)
D Rings
Sewing Machine




(Tip: Burn the ends of your ribbon to keep it from fraying before you begin)

This is so simple! Simply slide your D ring onto your ribbon - Beginning at the end.



Double your ribbon back



And sew into place! Repeat this as many times as you'd like (4 rings should be sufficient for each hanger)



Slide the first ring over the neck of a hanger and add additional hangers to each ring, moving down the ribbon.



Tada! 4 (wrinkled) skirts hung in the space of one!



Do you have a great tutorial? Well, you can teach me stuff tomorrow for fun and prizes! Grab a button now and meet me back here tonight to link up:

Hope Studios



DIY Day @ ASPTL

.

16 comments:

  1. Loving it. I don't have any room in my closet. This will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great idea!! my daughter is just about out of closet space, this would be perfect for her little clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I think I have the same skirt in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Honestly. Does it hurt? To have all of this inside your brain. I need to package you and pull you out when I need some ingenuity. Seriously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! I totally need it for my summer closet as I have way more warm weather clothes than winter clothes. My poor skirts are smooshed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, thank you! Those hangers that you buy for that purpose are outrageously pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! It looks so easy and useful! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and so much prettier than those plastic ones at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like! Great job and boy do I need more room in my closet (it's tiny!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is brilliant! I think I could even handle that with my limited sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer~ this a fantastic idea! How I wished i could sew!! Unfortunately... I never graduated past the glue gun. I may have to (beg) ask a friend to whip this up for me, because my closets are bursting at the "seams!!"

    I think I've got a Tutorial you'd like. stroll on by for a visit and take a peek.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea. I have tiny closets so it would really help. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So simple, yet so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gahhhh - that is brilliant! I'm completely making over my wardrobe right now, and once the clothes are set I will work on the organization of my closet - this is just so smart.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work