header

header

4.05.2010

Tutorial Tuesday with Utopia Invitations!


If you are new here, this party is for your weekly tutorials. What counts as a tutorial? Anything to "teach me stuff" counts - a recipe, a kid's craft, a DIY project, how you got your baby to sleep through the night ... I'm not picky. (My weekly tutorial can be found right here.) Just link up below so we can all pop over to learn something new.

But first...Meet Lauren Landers, a graphic designer who is the creative mind behind Utopia Invitations. Beautiful, custom invitations and unique stationary that is also environmentally friendly? Sign me up! (by the way, isn't she cute?!?)



Lauren's work is so beautiful, just look at the quality of the papers and the cool graphics. I read her blog and learned she was inspired to create this line of invitations that were good for the environment after reading Matthew Sleeth’s book “Serve God, Save the Planet.” It's inspiring to see a young designer choose to create a business that serves a greater purpose than a paycheck.



There are just some occasions when a custom invitation is a must - weddings, showers, graduations, significant birthdays... A beautiful invitation becomes a keepsake, and Lauren's custom invitations are just that, keepsakes for the important events in life.



Lauren is offering a $50 gift certificate to one lucky winner this week, and there are TWO ways to enter the contest!

Either link up with our party (rules are below)

OR

Comment below and tell me why you need invitations. Easy peasy, right?

Rules: (this is the part at the end of the commercial when the announcer talks real fast)

* Link up using the link to your actual post (not your general blog address) using your name and a the subject of your tutorial to generate interest.

* Add my button or a clickable link back to this post so everyone can join in.

* Visit and comment with all our friends. Show them some love! Meet some new friends! Learn something new!

Ready? Teach Me Stuff!

Hope Studios




.

17 comments:

  1. I need super cute fun invites for a wild Mad Hatter themed baby shower coming up. And lots of other reasons, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always throwing some sort of party! And I linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a baby blessing coming up for my newborn son! I would LOVE to have some fun invites to give out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh...I really wish I could play this week, but unless people want a tutorial on rolling paint on a wall I'm out:) Those invites are beautiful...maybe I could do a huge house warming party after all this madness is over...I could really use someone else making the invites for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,
    So glad i found out about your Tusday Tuts!

    How fun.

    thanks for hosting. now off to see your treat for today.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer,
    This is my first time linking up here. So much fun! Thank you for hosting, I love tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just linked this weeks project! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seek you out everyday because of your humor as well as all the things you share.

    I'll be hosting my niece's bridesmaids luncheon in July. I'd love the invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey nbr 17...not finding your tutorial...am I looking in the wrong place???

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely designs! Hope you had a fun vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So there is no confusion..I was reffering to the other nbr 17..not the nice damask blogger...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally unrelated, but i found a project of yours on www.favecrafts.com - the bleach stenciling t-shirt project. i can't wait to try it with my students!! u rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this looks fun! I need to find the cord to my camera so I can make a pretty post and link up (insert sad face here)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added the link to "my" cider stew. Hope people like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful invitations....glad I could join up today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are always throwing some sort of party! And I linked up!
    free classified india

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work