header

header

5.16.2011

Breakfast Smoothie


The Big Guy and I have fallen off the wagon! Diet wise, that is. Whenever we need to straighten out and get back on track, the first thing we turn to is our Men's Health Abs Diet Smoothie recipe for breakfast.

This smoothie is so filling and healthy, and it really helps us to start our mornings in a healthy way. This recipe makes 2 servings so you and your spouse can share!

Abs Diet "Halle Berries" Breakfast Smoothie


1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup oatmeal, cooked and cooled
1 cup frozen berries
2 tsp. whey powder
6 ice cubes


Add all ingredients to blender and blend blend blend! Makes 2 servings.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good - as I sit here eating my yogurt and granola. And hey, if Hally Berry's in, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I was just popping on this morning to make a post about making a smoothie! I recommend throwing in a few handfuls of fresh spinach. Sounds gross but no joke. You CAN'T taste it at all. I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink a smoothie pretty much every morning (that is very similar to that one) and have never thought to put in oatmeal...I'm trying that tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it thick and gloopy like regular oatmeal or does it thin out pretty well?

    I've tried smoothies, but they never seem filling enough. This one seems like it would be with the oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought about oatmeal too! I have one every morning as well, and I'm going to have to try that.

    Also, I use Greek yougurt in my smoothies. The amount of protein in them is INSANE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about a good smoothie and homemade oatmeal, but I'm not sure if I could do them together... hmmm... I'll keep mine separate for now, but would love to hear what others think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta be trying that over here too....and can you believe I was thinking of asking for a new blender for my birthday???? This will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work