Wood Floor Cleaner

My wood floor seemed to be developing a subtle haze shortly after it was cleaned lately. I think my spray on cleaner was creating some build up. So, there is only one thing to do...and it involves getting on your hands and knees!

Add a mixture of 9 parts white vinegar and 1 part warm water to an empty spray bottle and spray and scrub the entire floor surface with a terry cloth rag every few months or so to avoid cleaner build up.

Within minutes the vinegar smell will disappear and your floors will gleam!



  1. You could go one step further and clean with vinegar all the time - I don't use floor cleaner any more - the fumes were irritating me. I blogged about the great uses for vinegar last year, you might like to take a look, it's awesome stuff! http://natashaburns.blogspot.com/2010/06/cool-tips-1-greener-cleaner-and-way.html

  2. I am always amazed at the versatility of our good friend vinegar!

    Janet xox

  3. i love vinegar and i also love its smell. are you try to remind me that i should clean my floors? i know they are in great need!!

  4. All natural cleaner rocks! I am going to make this...I don't have wood floors, but I have tons of wood cabinets and they are starting to look no so new.

    Delighted Momma

  5. Vinegar and water were all that I ever used on our floors in Seattle and they were beautiful. I kept the handy spray bottle under the sink so that I could wipe up in front of the stove and sink on a daily basis.

  6. never thought to do this, i'm so glad you shared this tip!

  7. reminder to self on this tidbit whenever I can get hardwood floors =D

  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

  9. Hello Jennifer,

    I'm a new friend-follower.

    I invite you and your friends
    to check out my Health and Home video tool bar.


    Coastal Blue Ocean

  10. Vinegar is a mild acid. It can, over time, start etching the finish on wood floors. I would be careful about using too much of it or using it too often.

  11. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I love vinegar. :)

  12. This is so good to know...thank you for sharing!


Tell me what you think!


Template fueled by Blogger. Customized for Hope Studios by Brightfish Designs. ©2009
  • BrightfishDesigns at Hotmaildotcom