Glow-In-The-Dark Flag Football?

While planning my youngest son's birthday party last month, he kept coming up with all sorts of off-the-wall creative activities he wanted to play with his friends. We figured out how to create the Life-Sized Angry Birds game, angry birds pinata, and a birthday cake made entirely out of doughnuts:

Another thing he wanted to do was to play glow-in-the-dark Flag Football...oh, and I had one day to do it.

I ended up making skinny pockets from some old curtain sheers, I used the hem that was already sewn! I sewed across the hem with my machine several times to make 12 "pockets" and cut apart each one.

Next, I sewed one side of the Velcro to the back of the pocket and the other side to a length of rope long enough to tie around each child's waist. Each pocket Velcro-ed to a rope "belt".

Repeat 12 times...

Slide a glow stick into each pocket:

Now, PLAY!

Each team tries to pull the glowing flag from the opponent's belt. Moms, it's really hard to get a picture of this!

**Scroll down to join in on the Tutorial Tuesday party and teach me something!**


  1. Nice job on such short notice! Looks like a lot of fun! :)

  2. We do glow in the dark football with our youth.. we've always just used large glowsticks to show the sidelines and let them wear necklaces to show which team they're on, but I love the idea of using the glowstick for the flag! Might have to add that to our game!

  3. You are such a fun Mom! I know they had a good time. :)

  4. What a great idea! You really do deserve some kind of award!

  5. For slower fun my friend painted a croquet set with black light paint and they use black light flashlights... That and a bottle or two of wine makes for a really fun evening!


Tell me what you think!


Template fueled by Blogger. Customized for Hope Studios by Brightfish Designs. ©2009
  • BrightfishDesigns at Hotmaildotcom