header

header

1.05.2012

Removing Water Stains From Utensils - Pinterest Pass or Fail



I saved a Pin to my Housekeeping Board last week explaining How To Remove White Water Stains From Black Utensils originating at One Good Thing. Do your black kitchen utensils look like mine?



I only recently discovered this problem in my own kitchen, and didn't even realize it wasn't permanent! The recommended method for removal involved baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed to a paste. Rub the utensils and watch the stains disappear.

Did it work? Well, take a look at my after photo:



It was effective and bought me some time before my black kitchen utensils need to be replaced. Pinterest Pass!

Last week Patti told me about making Marbled Ornaments.

Wendy has been making recipes from Pintest - Creamed Eggs over Toast, Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Bake and Christmas Tree Meringues. There are some passes and fails in there.

What Pins have YOU tried lately?? Drop me a link so I can check it out!

4 comments:

  1. I just soak my black utensils in vinegar water.... that's worked for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you have very hard water. I've never had this happen to my utensils. Glad you found a "cure" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. S'more cookie bars! Amazing!!!
    http://www.lovintheoven.com/2008/12/day-11-smores-cookie-bars.html

    I have hard water to, I will have to give it a try. I put a lemon based rinse in my dishwasher and that helps a ton. I have also heard you can put a little vinegar in your rinse and it helps too. I use to use a mix of cream or tartar and Hydrogen peroxide to clean our old cast iron tub and it was the only thing I found that worked. But I never thought about using it on utensils, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love it when little tips make things WORK at home! Yay for 'new' black utensils! we must have been on the same wavelength today as I also posted about pinterest do's - http://northerncottage.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-pin-spired-some-site.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work