header

header

3.19.2012

Lemon Buttons



I found this delicate cookie at Madison Bistro blog and knew I had to try it - a cute little button of a cookie with a tart lemon frosting is a perfect treat for an afternoon with my Soul Sisters!

Lemon Button Cookies

¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ¼ cup flour
½ cup cornstarch
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar

Cream butter, lemon zest and juice until fluffy. In separate bowl, sift dry ingredients and mix into butter on low speed.

Divide in half. Shape each half into an 8×1 inch log and roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours (I stuck them in the freezer for 20 minutes because I'm impatient!).

Cut into ¼ inch rounds. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes or until edges are just turning golden. Cool and frost.

I switched up the original frosting to a Tangy Lemon Frosting that gave the cookies more flavor:

Tangy Lemon Frosting:

¼ cup butter, softened

1 ½ cups powered sugar

½ tsp vanilla

3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh

1 Tbsp. lemon zest


Cream all ingredients together until mixture is well blended, light and fluffy.

Warning, this entire batch is easily eaten in one sitting of chatting with the girls!


**Hope Studios is featured at Helping Little Hands blog this week to help Polly get over the hump with her newborn baby. Go over and check out my own fave tutorials over the past few years of blogging**

4 comments:

  1. Pinned it (which is totally one of my new favorite sayings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just starting to love a lot of lemon desserts and can't wait to try this! I'd love for you to share this at Mix it up Monday:

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday_18.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good - I pinned to remember to try them later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just couldn't stop popping them in mouth!!!!!! Making them for Easter :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work