header

header

5.09.2012

Quick Roast Chicken + Pinterest Pass or Fail

It's a rushed Tuesday night. You have baseball practice, guitar lessons, and a baby shower to plan...do you have time for a Roasted Chicken Dinner? Yes!

 I discovered the beauty of butterflying the bird last week and I roasted a 5 lb. chicken in 40 minutes!

The key is flattening out the chicken so it cooks more quickly and evenly, and you do this by removing the backbone.

Get your sharpest pair of kitchen shears and turn the chicken breast side down, girl! Now, beginning at the neck hole, cut along either side of the backbone.  Come on, put some elbow grease into it!

You will end up with a bony strip of chicken you can use later for broth. Why don't you just roast it alongside your chicken, then pop it in some water with veggies for soup tomorrow?



Open up the chicken with the inside facing down and press down firmly to crack the breast bone and it will lay flat on the baking sheet.

Rub with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and pop it into a preheated 450 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until the breast reads 160 degrees and the thigh reads 180 degrees.



Throw in some Swedish Baked Potatoes from my Cookin' Mama Pinterest board beside the chicken along with some baby carrots and you will have a meal lickety split!

These potatoes are my Pinterest Pass or Fail this week, the recipe originated at Sea Salt With Food blog and they passed with flying colors! They were simple to prepare, pretty on the plate, and delicious.  They had a nice crunch around the edges and were tender inside.

What Pins have YOU tried this week?  Drop me a link so I can check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...looks pretty delish to me. I've been pinning nothing but comfort food lately...oh, and my pink Dr. Marten's from Ebay...which I am fairly obsessed with...
    http://cannaryfamily.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING!!!! Looks sooooo good!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work