Make a Mess

Now that the kids are home from school for the summer, this is how my entryway looks on most days.  I know that parents are supposed to teach their kids to clean up after themselves, but for most of the school year these toys are tucked away in a bin and shut in a closet.

But now that it's summer break, I see this on most days:

With the TV off and the toys just waiting for them, they are drawn into a game by just walking through the room.  So, maybe we'll work on cleaning up after ourselves in September...


  1. Nothing wrong with a little mess to keep them entertained.... :)

  2. I cannot tell you how long we had a make shift Matchbox car racing ramp running down the central hallway in our house! Enjoy the mess. Too soon the day will come that they won't be making a mess with toys. You will miss those days, I promise!

  3. Oh Tech Decks...the bane of my existence! I don't mind the mess as much as the "traveling" ramps..oh and the noises that they make with it!

  4. September...... I think September sounds great! :)

  5. I loved it when my kids had their friends over. Our house was often the house to go to and it made me feel good that I knew they were safe and I could keep an eye on the goings on. I miss those kind of messes. :) Enjoy it while it lasts. Now my husband leaves messes to keep me happy. lol NOT!


Tell me what you think!


Template fueled by Blogger. Customized for Hope Studios by Brightfish Designs. ©2009
  • BrightfishDesigns at Hotmaildotcom