header

header

12.26.2012

3D Handprints - Christmas Break Project #1 -

So, the kiddos are off for the holidays and if you are like me, you are scrambling to come up with stuff to keep them busy for 9 days.   Wait...9 days?!?

Today, I have a simple, yet time consuming project that yields a cool optical illusion.

Begin by tracing your hand on a piece of white paper lightly with a pencil...


Begin at one side of the paper and draw a lines of different colors.  When you get to the edge of the finger,  make the line curve up a bit the width of the finger, then back down and straight across to the other side of the paper.


Repeat a bajillion times, changing colors in a random order.


Remember making these in grade school art class?  The hand appears to lift right off the paper! Frrreeeeekyyyy!

Now, go enjoy a cup of coffee while the kids are occupied.

Come back tomorrow for block print t-shirts (gather up a Styrofoam meat tray, fabric ink, an old t-shirt and an ink roller to be prepared).

2 comments:

  1. Very cool - wonder if I could get my 14 year old to do that? Heck, I'd make one of my own hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea. I showed my 8 year old on his way to bed, and told him we would be doing that tomorrow. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work