header

header

1.24.2013

Taco Mac



My kids are on the picky side and there are certain meals that go over better than others.  Mac and cheese? Always a winner.

Here's the thing...I get so sick of mac and cheese!  Sometimes I try to spice it up to make it seem like a different meal.  Here's one of the ways - I turn it into Taco Mac!

Take your favorite mac and cheese recipe (I like Cook's Illustrated Mac and Cheese) then make the following additions:

1 pound cooked ground beef
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot

Bake as usual, then serve topped with salsa for the adults (or adventurous kiddos).


5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooo making this! And I love the big honkin' rigatoni noodles too :) Adding to my "Dinners Idea" list in my phone.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo. And I love Cook's Illustrated. This looks really easy and I bet my boys would eat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. I will be trying this soon.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe it is quite possible that my picky eater would eat this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious..... found your fun blog through Pinterest - Button Bracelet.... cute idea and will be giving it a try because I LOVE buttons.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work