header

header

3.27.2015

Restaurant Style Steaks


I make the same mistake every year.  The weather starts to warm up and I plan for an amazing dinner of steaks on the grill.  When I sit down to eat, I'm always disappointed...

Next time you want a Restaurant Style Steak, forget the grill and cook them the way a RESTAURANT would!

Restaurant Style Steaks

Ingredients:

4 Strip Steaks around 1 1/2 inch thick
Kosher Salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Butter
Olive Oil
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Parsley
Thyme

Let's cook:

I let my steaks warm up before cooking and take them out of the fridge about an hour before.

Whip up some Hotel Butter for later:

1 stick of butter, softened
2 Tbsp. Parsley
1/2 lemon, you will need the zest and the juice
1  clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp thyme

Mix all ingredients well adding salt and pepper to taste. On a sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and throw in the fridge for later.

Dry steaks well by dabbing with paper towel then generously season each side of each steak with Kosher salt and black pepper.

Meanwhile, begin heating your pan on high and preheat oven to 400 degrees.  

Many recipes call for a cast iron pan but I used my good stainless steel All-Clad skillet.  Heat your pan good and hot!!

Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 stick of butter then add steaks to the pan.  Don't move them at all for about 3 minutes. Now flip and brown the other side for 3 minutes while spooning the melted butter and oil over the first side.

Grab the whole pan and stick it in the oven for 9 minutes.

Add a slice of Hotel Butter to each steak and place back in to oven for 1 minute.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work