Thanks to the love that cookiesandcups.com has been getting from Facebook this month, I finally had to try their Crack Brownies. They live up to their name. Totally. Logging some extra time in the gym after making these!
Here's their recipe...don't say I didn't warn you...
Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix (not family sized), prepared according to package directions in a 9x9 pan
- ½ cup chopped salted peanuts
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter (or 1¼ cups)
- 1¾ cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp - 1 tsp kosher salt
- Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9x9 pan lined with foil.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, remove from oven and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts on top. Return to oven for remaining 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- As soon as you pull them out of the oven, spread the melty peanut butter cups/peanuts with an off-set spatula to smooth over top. Let brownies cool.
- Next in a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stirring when done. If needed, continue heating in 20 second increments until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in cereal, vanilla and salt until evenly combined.
- Pour over brownies and smooth. Chill until chocolate is set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve