Spooky Porch Decor

I found this idea in a Martha Stewart magazine a few years ago and have decorated for Halloween this way ever since. I prefer to keep my decorations a bit low key and it is hard to find "classy" Halloween decorations, but I think this is a good compromise between the spooky and the tasteful.
Gather some large, twisty branches and anchor them to your front porch area. You can tie them to a pillar as shown, or cut a hole in a large pumpkin and stick them into the top using the pumpkin as a base.

Collect several types of spooky black birds. I have many sizes of vultures and crows that I found at Joann's and the Dollar Tree. I also had some random birds around that I spray painted black.

Spread some cobwebs on to the ends of the branches and cluster jack o lanterns around the base. I replace my regular porch bulb with a purple one and it looks especially creepy at night.

1 comment :

  1. Love this idea! I'm a little tired of the hay, pumpkins & mums scene. Going into the woods when the rain stops to find some branches. Keep creating!


Tell me what you think!


Template fueled by Blogger. Customized for Hope Studios by Brightfish Designs. ©2009
  • BrightfishDesigns at Hotmaildotcom