header

header

3.06.2009

A Pretty Girl Named Urethra

So, you all know my struggle with the birds and the bees with my boys. You know the ball obsession, the twisted questions I have to answer. It's not easy being me.

I was discussing my dilemma with my neighbor (mother to 2 girls and 1 boy) and she told me about the latest discussion in her household with her 7 year old daughter. It went like this:

Darling Daughter: Mom, where does the pee come from?

Mom: It comes from your bladder which is in your belly.

D. D.: But how does it get out?

Mom: It comes out through a tube.

D.D.: What's the tube called?

Mom: It's called the urethra.

D.D.: Ooh, urethra! That's sooooo pretty! (singing and dancing away) Urethra....Urethra...la, la, la...

End of conversation. Nice.



Now let me share the latest conversation in my house.

#1 son: Mom! Look how long this hair is on my balls!

Mom: (throwing a cursory glance) Yup, that's nice, honey.

#1 son: It's so long that sometimes I play it like a banjo!
da da dum, dum dum, dum dum, dum dum (yes, that is the song from Deliverance you're hearing)

My best shot at revenge will be for my friend to have to introduce her new grand-daughter "Urethra" to her friends and family someday.

.

22 comments:

  1. Chuckle...my 2 year old has just named her doll 'vagina'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you may not know me, but I feel like I know you through the treat girl, who is my neighbor. I had to laugh at this post as I have 4 boys, and I can only laugh and think I have to deal with this type of dialogue in the future! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momof4boys,

    Get ready, sister! It's coming your way in due time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up... you are so hilarious.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarity!

    I have two boys. And now I'm suddenly totally grossed out by banjos. :)

    Stopping from SITS!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from SITS. Laughing my butt off. I'm pregnant with my first child - a girl, and this gives me a good idea of some of the things to expect as I embark on my mommy journey. Thanks for the giggle! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Sitsmas!!

    My daughter thanked me last night for giving her a short name as she was signing christmas gift tags. She said, "Thanks for not naming me Massachusetts or Madagascar" ... You know Urethra has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's hilarious! Visiting from SITS, have a lovely Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! See this is why I don't know what I would do with sons! lol that made me laugh..lol
    Visiting from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry SITSmas. Let's just hope they are in the same sex ed class some day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no... thats too funny. I was on the bus the other day and a little girl next to me learned the word Vagina at school that day. And she screamed the word VAGINA on the bus for a good 30 minutes. It was priceless, but I wasn't her mom lol.
    Stopping by from sits.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one with kids dealing with this kind of stuff. I have a 7yo with Asperger's Syndrome that is constantly telling me, "Girls have vaginas, boys have a penis." She is also deaf, so fortunately, this is all in sign language so everyone in the grocery store doesn't have to be subjected to this every 10 minutes as I do... :) Gotta love our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is hysterical!! I bet there is someone out there named Urethra.

    ReplyDelete
  15. there was this young girl once. who after delivering, heard the word placenta. she thought that was pretty. enter into the world, placenta.

    true story. or hearsay. either way. scary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LMAO!!!!! This is GREAT! Stopping by from SITS!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the giggle! Boys are so gross.

    Stopping in from SITS. Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My stand-up comedian son and I are doubled over with laughter :-) Too freakin funny !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My grand daughter calls her vagina her "china". We went to some out door fountains for her and her siblings to play in and she squatted down over the water spray and said "I am washing my china"!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work