header

header

7.17.2009

Feedback Friday - Party Invitation Debacle



Dude! I can't stop blogging, I tried! I know I said I was taking it easy for the summer...but it just isn't possible. I have too many thoughts and ideas. I tried though. Okay, let's get on with it...

Last week my neighbor received an email invitation to a Happy Hour/Pool Party at another neighbor's house. She didn't know the neighbor well, but we live in a small three street neighborhood and the invitation list seemed to represent all three streets so she thought she and her family would attend.

About 2 days before the party she received another email from the host stating that she had received the invitation in error and though they weren't really supposed to be invited, they were still welcome to attend (something to that effect).

The (un)invited neighbor's response was "Thanks, but no thanks."

Yes, this really happened - you can't make this stuff up!

Thoughts?

18 comments:

  1. Wow! What poor taste. If you make a mistake like that, just keep your mouth shut, bite the bullet and be gracious. "Hi! We're so glad you could make it! It just seemed like it was time we got to know one another better. We are neighbors, after all!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is horrible. Why even send the mistake if you told them to come anyway. Horrid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I would NEVER do that! Wow that is so rude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rude! Shut up an share your chips and dips with all the neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't even imagine having the guts to call the person and Un and Re invite them. My. My. I can't imagine why your friend felt unwelcome. :(
    You're right. You can't make that stuff up. Ouch!
    XOXO
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very rude indeed!

    Just visiting you from SITS - hope you have a great weekend. Feel free to come visit me at SweeterLiving, I love visitors!

    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. People continue to amaze me. If she was going to "allow" her to come, why not just leave well enough alone. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what was the point of the email? If they are still welcome to attend anyway, then why even mention it was a mistake? Did they think they were being nice by saying the invitation was still open even if it wasn't intended?

    Honestly, the world is filled with some strange people...

    Love your blog! Stopped by from SITS and am now following...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree with everyone else, rude & strange...doesn't make much sense to un-invite but say your still invited...
    also, how odd that the hostess would have her neighbor's email if they just met & don't really know each other...seems weird. little hope now of them becoming friends.
    hope your friend's feelings weren't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rude on so many levels....sounds like the neighbor was already tipping a few poolside bevvies to have come up with that!!!!!!! And I'm sure your neighborhood will never forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so ridiculous. why would anyone do that!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just so unbelievably rude! Just goes to show you it takes all kinds! wow, that really took guts to "uninvite"! Now, are YOU going? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why would you TELL someone that? Everyone makes mistakes, but that one could have been dealt with a little better. "Oh hey, I totally didn't mean to invite you to my party. But still come if you want!" Way to be awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, I’m not invited. The funny thing is that the person throwing the party emailed me the week before to get all the addresses of the other neighbors she WAS inviting. Classic :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. ouch ... bet bad hostess's mama is proud ... not.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work