header

header

7.24.2009

Feedback Friday

One of my favorite bloggers is The Constant Complainer who posts thought provoking issues each week that spark lively debates and comments. Lord knows I can't keep my opinions to myself, so it's a match made in heaven.

Recently, he posted the following discussion highlighting an interview between reporter Heather Nichols and UFC's (Ultimate Fighting Championship) "Rampage":



He followed up with the following remarks made by Nichol's when asked about her reactions to the incident:

Nichols went on to tell CNN and Sports Illustrated, “At first I was just shocked when he grabbed me, and all I could think was, “Oh my gosh, what is he doing?!” Then I tried to play along a little bit because I knew he was trying to be funny, but after about the first 5-10 seconds, it was just plain awkward. I kept thinking, “What should I do? Knee him? Keep going?” So I decided to keep asking questions, assuming he would stop if I did that. So I asked another question, and he kept going. I asked ANOTHER question, and he kept going. At this point I was just freaking out, but still trying to be a professional and ask all the questions I was assigned to ask, and this has been interpreted by some viewers as me liking it and egging him on. This was definitely not the case. I was hired to do a job, which was to interview Rampage, so I decided to put up with his shenanigans and finish the interview.”

Um, thoughts??? What do you think of "Rampage's" behavior? What do you think of Nichol's reaction? Let me hear you, girl!

10 comments:

  1. Nasty. Vulgar. Made my queasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...that makes me uncomfortable just to watch! Like, UGH! I like how her entire upper torso is leaning as far away from him as possible...some people are so oblivious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a typical dude to me. He sees a cute girl, and what does he do? Hump her leg, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm...yuck. very awkward and uncomfortable. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Eewwww. I actually had a hard time watching it. I got embarassed for them. It did come off as her egging him on, but seriously. I don't care if you;re concerned for your job. Have some self respect and at least tell him to stop. I think a knee would certaintly have been in order.
    Double eewww!
    *tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would have acted in the same way, sadly. I would like to think that I would have taken a step backwards and had something witty to say as I did it, but... I am non confrontational. I feel badly for her and I think he is an ass! He laughed his butt off about making her look stupid later, I am sure. But when these things happen...

    ReplyDelete
  7. GRrrrr...makes me crazy too watch this! What a jerk. I feel horrible because she's still young. Where was the producer or a MAN to step in and correct his behavior. Call me old fashion but Hello...are there any men out there in TV land?
    It could have gotten worse if she reacted. Any man who would act like that does not have a sense of appropriate moral behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, wow, great post and comments.

    That video has been getting a lot of people riled up as you know. When I first watched it, I kind of wondered if she egged him on with the whole romantic comedy comment. But still, that is no way justified his actions. Ladies, I agree with you. She should have thrown the knee to the groin. I keep asking myself why her producer didn't step in either.

    Thanks for the shout out by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work