Blue Jean Can Cozy

I love to recycle and repurpose and while leafing through a magazine last month (AirMall?), I saw a cute Drink Cozy made from repurposed blue jeans! Living in a house with 3 boys, I have an abundance of jeans with holes in the knees that can't be donated.

Blue Jean Drink Cozy:


Old jeans


**(I used the waist band to use the interest of the belt loops, but the whole jean could be used if you sewed a hem in the top)

Cut 4.5 x 10 inch strips from your jeans

Trace around the bottom a can onto the wrong side of the fabric and cut it out 1/2 larger all around to allow for the seam allowance.

Sew the strip of jean material, right sides together, to form a cylinder.

Pin the circle to the bottom of the cylinder. Make sure the jeans are inside-out and the circle is pinned like this:

Sew then turn right side out...slip in a Coke (or a Yuengling Lager) and enjoy!

Want to teach me something? Come back for Tutorial Tuesday to link up to be inspired!


  1. Yep....anything denim is terrific!

  2. OK. Very cool. I'd buy one from you! And was it Sky Mall or Air Mall? LOL. Happy Monday!!!

  3. That is such a good idea! I want one! :) Shared on our FB page by the way!

  4. Ha! Super cute :) That would cute (and a little exhausting) to make a bunch for a BBQ or picnic-themed party.


Tell me what you think!


Template fueled by Blogger. Customized for Hope Studios by Brightfish Designs. ©2009
  • BrightfishDesigns at Hotmaildotcom