header

header

7.11.2011

Blue Jean Can Cozy

I love to recycle and repurpose and while leafing through a magazine last month (AirMall?), I saw a cute Drink Cozy made from repurposed blue jeans! Living in a house with 3 boys, I have an abundance of jeans with holes in the knees that can't be donated.

Blue Jean Drink Cozy:

Supplies:

Old jeans
Scissors

Instructions:

**(I used the waist band to use the interest of the belt loops, but the whole jean could be used if you sewed a hem in the top)

Cut 4.5 x 10 inch strips from your jeans



Trace around the bottom a can onto the wrong side of the fabric and cut it out 1/2 larger all around to allow for the seam allowance.

Sew the strip of jean material, right sides together, to form a cylinder.



Pin the circle to the bottom of the cylinder. Make sure the jeans are inside-out and the circle is pinned like this:



Sew then turn right side out...slip in a Coke (or a Yuengling Lager) and enjoy!



Want to teach me something? Come back for Tutorial Tuesday to link up to be inspired!
.

4 comments:

  1. Yep....anything denim is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Very cool. I'd buy one from you! And was it Sky Mall or Air Mall? LOL. Happy Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a good idea! I want one! :) Shared on our FB page by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Super cute :) That would cute (and a little exhausting) to make a bunch for a BBQ or picnic-themed party.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work