header

header

7.18.2011

Cowboy Beans



This bean recipe of my Dad's is my go-to for summer pot lucks. I have several copies of this recipe whenever I bring it along to hand out to all the people who request a recipe!

Cowboy Beans

ingredients:

1/2 lb. bacon, chopped

1 1/2 lb. ground beef

1/2 cup each: chopped onion, celery, green pepper

1 Tbsp. minced garlic

1 tsp each: parsley, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, old bay, vinegar, Worcester sauce, Frank's Red Hot sauce, chili powder

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup ketchup

1 Tbsp. yellow mustard

2 (28 oz) cans Bush's Baked Beans

2 (14 oz) cans Campbell's Pork and Beans

2 (14 oz) cans Chili Seasoned Kidney Beans

1 (14 oz) can pinto beans

1 can cut yellow beans (drained)

1 can cut green beans (drained)

Heat oven 350 degrees.

Brown meats, pour off grease.

Add veggies, spices, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard. Cook until veggies soften. Set aside.

Dump all the beans in a large bowl and mix.

Add meat mixture and mix.

Pour into casserole dish (this makes a large aluminum pan, perfect for a party), cover and bake 1 hour.

Remove cover and cook 15 min. more

**Sometimes I like to make a smaller batch. I split the recipe in half and pour ingredients into a crock pot. Put on low setting for 4 hours or so.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks delicious. Comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super easy to make and keep warm in the crock for those nights when we are all eating dinner at different times - adding this to my crock file. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... I make something similar, but I'll have to try your version. Not today though. It's. TOO hot. so I think we'll have three square meals of popsicles :) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so easy to make. I'll try this for sure!

    Homeowner Insurance Plan

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work