header

header

9.23.2011

Too Sexy for Ten?


The story of 10 year old fashion model, Thylane Blondeau, came out earlier this month and I've been meaning to address it in Feedback Friday.

ABC News covered the story of Thylane's French Vogue photo spread here.



In a nutshell, many people believe that the photos of this child are too risque and sexy. Thylane's mother defends her daughter's photos (you can view them all here) as a little girl playing dress up.

What do you think?

It's Feedback Friday...

Do you think this photo spread is too provocative for a 10 year old model?

Is this just playing dress up?

Does it change your opinion if you learn the ads were meant to be tongue-in-cheek?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, way too young! What are her parents thinking? And, who's going to think these ads are tongue-and-cheek? Absolutely does not change my opinion.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Americans are just too prudish in our sexuality and do not have a good sense of art. Parents of young girls should realize that it is far more important for their daughters to appear in magazines then hold on to antiquated ideals of innocence. A girl is never too young to be portrayed as a sexual object, and I blame her parents for waiting so long. They missed out on all those toddler pictures of her with her gold dress cut down to her navel. The art community must surely mourn the loss of these missed opportunities.

    That is tongue-and-check.
    Seriously, how can anyone (not on Toddlers and Tiaras) think this is a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as bad as I thought they would be, but no something I would let my daughter do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CREEPY! I think they are just asking for pedophiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hate it....that's about as straight forward as I can answer. Not my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's atrocious the path our society is going down. This isn't even shocking to most people. No person is too young to exploit in the world we live in now. What a shame.

    That said - thanks for having the courage to put this out there on your blog. Most people will ignore this type of thing and never bring it up. xo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work