header

header

1.12.2012

6 Pack Abs Oatmeal - Pinterest Pass or Fail



I pinned this recipe for Oatmeal from Men's Health to my Workin' on my Fitness Board. It claimed to liven up boring oatmeal and keep you full till lunch. Since my big 4-0 birthday is coming up in May, I'm on a fitness kick for a birthday trip to Key West my husband is planning for April, so this looked like it was worth a try.



Powerfoods Oatmeal

1 cup 1% milk
3/4 cup plain instant oatmeal
1/2 banana, sliced
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
1 tsp ground flaxseed
Dash of brown sugar

Mix everything together in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke for 2 minutes. Remove and let cool for a minute or two.

Per serving: 515 calories, 22 g protein, 75 g carbohydrates, 13 g fat (3 g saturated), 9 g fiber, 172 mg sodium

I give this a Pinterest Pass! This recipe was easy to prepare on a busy morning and tasted good. It was a little thin for my taste, but that could have been because I used old-fashioned oats rather than instant. I have to admit, I could only eat half the portion so that nutritional information was a little off for me but it was still filling and held me over until lunch.

Last week, Payne-less Photography Blog shared a Pinterest recipe for S'mores Bars she passed with flying colors.

And Northern Cottage shared a bunch of projects that have "Pin-spired" her on Pinterest!

What Pins have YOU tried lately? Drop me a line and I'll check them out!

10 comments:

  1. The old fashioned oatmeal you are used to has more nutrition and fiber because it's less processed. Your first instinct was right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried steel cut oats? They take longer to cook, but I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I like oatmeal, but it is just one of those things I can't eat. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like tasty oatmeal - this looks great. I'll try it.

    Meanwhile, I'm not sure how I wasn't already following your boards, but I am now. And, of course, I re-pinned :)
    ~ Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. i recently tried yogurt covered frozen strawberries and ice cream made out of only bananas. both were fail. sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to clean up before you're 40th (and dang girl...clean what?!?),now..this is kind of super hardcore..but I'm really thriving on Paleo/Primal Blueprint. Serious withdrawls the first week though..like batten down the hatches, mom's gonna snap. It's all about decreasing BMI and increasing muscle. Message me on fb if you want (I'm an open book!) AND go check my last weeks worth of blog posts because we're doing BodyRock's 30 day challenge!!! It's Killa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I eat a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder every morning. I totally recommend that since women don't usually eat enough protein, and it fills you up. I started lifting weights right around 40 (I did a bikini figure contest at age 44) I cannot tell you what a major difference lifting weights did for my body!
    www.craftingrebellion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks nice,I'm trying to eat more to keep me fuller long and hopefully it will stop my cup of tea and biscuits :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love oatmeal-I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been trying to keep up with all my pins!! Here is my latest one, Green Onions!
    http://www.keepingupwiththephelps.com/2012/01/growing-green-onions-pinterest-i-did-it.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work