header

header

1.25.2012

John Deere Baby Shower!



I haven't been to a shower in years, but I was lucky enough to be invited to one over the weekend that was so unique! The couple is having a boy and decided to have a John Deere themed party to go with the baby's John Deere themed nursery. Now, before this I only knew one other person who would consider such a theme, and it's John Deere Mom!

The shower was green and yellow, with jars of cookie mix decorating each place setting. I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of it, but it looked just like this example from Pinterest.



One of the guests collected the fabric that covered each jar lid to make a surprise quilt for the baby.

There was a brunch buffet followed by a loooong cookie table for dessert (just like at a wedding), complete with John Deere boxes to fill and take home.



The mother-to-be received many useful gifts including several John Deere fleece blankets:



I made a John Deere themed quote frame, complete with tractor tire tracks (The Big Guy's idea):



Now that I read through this post, I wonder if a cookie table at a wedding (or shower) is a Pittsburgh thing or is it common in other parts of the country? Have you heard of this tradition before?

.

7 comments:

  1. Nope, never been to a wedding with a cookie table ~ sounds yummy though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd do a post about this shower!!!! CRaaaZZy! Wonder where they got all the John Deere boxes from??? .....nope, they don't do cookie tables where I'm from either....but I'm used to them now, and LOOOOve them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a cookie table, but I would love to experience one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all!!! The picture frame you made is so cute. Definitely going to steal that idea.
    I did a cookie bar for my sister's baby shower. Here's the link to a pic. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YKaUGM7a4Wk/TE2TrZZnIrI/AAAAAAAAFmQ/T9L1l5YWflw/s1600/011.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds awesome!!! Love the frame you made! Fits the theme perfectly! :) I've seen cookie tables in AZ and NM... SO no, not just Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at an Italian wedding where the dessert table was lots of different Italian cookies

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work