header

header

3.28.2012

Test for Stroke



I attended a dinner last night with The Big Guy and the man next to us slowly began to sink toward the table top. Soon his head was resting on the table and he was hard to rouse, had lost control of his bodily functions, and was slurring his speech. My first thought was that I have been meaning to come up with a card to slip into my purse to help me recognize the signs of a stroke. I was kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

Stroke.org explains that treatment for stroke depends on time, time, time! If clot busting medicines can be administered within 3 hours of the event, long term disability can be avoided.

I don't know the outcome of the man beside us last night, but I did come right home and make my printable reminder card.

Print out the card above and slip it into your wallet, laminate it if you wish, you never know when you may need it.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget, sometimes women have unique stroke indicators too! Like palpitations, nausea and weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary, scary! But good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how scary! What a great reminder for us all Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work