header

header

11.16.2012

Dinner Time!

 

So, you know how you do things and think they are totally normal but then you mention it in conversation to a friend and they look at you like you have two heads?  Yeah, me too.

Anyway, this time it was something I can't even remember how it started but maybe I'm not so weird?  Maybe you do it too??? There's only one way to find out...

It's Feedback Friday...

When you are eating a family meal at home together, do you fix your husband's plate?

***Don't forget that Monday is your chance to share 10 Things That Make Me Happy here with me.  You will get to see my first ever "vlog" (ew, that word) post and we can make a party of it!***

9 comments:

  1. nope. Unless it's a meal like chili or lasagna when I'm just sort of dishing everyone's out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, whoever's cooked dishes up for both of us. Or all of us if there's more.

    Except when it's a roast dinner when we chuck it all on the table and then help ourselves and pick into it when we want some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do - especially since he tends to run a bit late. I serve him, then it's a free-for-all for the three boys. I cover his plate and set it aside. He doesn't have to worry about them eating all the meatballs,(for example) and I don't worry about him piling a mountain of food on. He's trying to not overeat and I am helping him out. I think it's mostly just a loving gesture, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's why I do it too - it makes me feel like I'm taking care of him.

      Delete
  4. Hell no. I put everything on the table family style and you get however much of whatever you want. I got into this debate with a coworker a while back, then posted the question on Facebook to my friends and was shocked how many people serve their husbands and family. It's all people for themselves at my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, he is a big boy and can dish up his own plate. He does wait for me to take my serving before he takes his.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I always serve from the kitchen, except if its a special meal or holiday. It makes too much work to dirty up serving dishes to take everything to the table. If my oldests wants seconds, or my husband, then they get that themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope. We share getting stuff for the kids and we each do our own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no rhyme or reason in my house! We share the duties of getting the kids' plates together and then sometimes I make him a plate and sometimes he makes me a plate and sometimes we end up serving ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work