header

header

12.13.2012

Easy Chicken Pot Pie


It's crazy this time of year, and sometimes you just want a delicious meal that goes together quickly!

I made Chicken Pot Pie last week and it was hot, home cooked, and got us out the door in time for wrestling practice.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:

1 rotisserie chicken
1 cup frozen veggies (I used peas and carrots)
1 small potato, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk (just refill the soup can after you empty the soup)
 Pre-made pie crust

Saute the onions and potatoes in a pan until soft, add frozen veggies at the end until thawed.

Meanwhile, cut chicken in to chunks.  I used about 2 cups of chicken.

Place crust in the bottom of your pie pan.

Once the veggies are all soft, remove from heat and  pour your soup and milk into the pan and stir.  Add the chicken and then pour into pie crust already in pan.

Add top crust, brush with an egg glaze (an egg and 2 Tbsp. of water), and bake 375 for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.



5 comments:

  1. YUM. This is similar to mine, except that I am too lazy to saute anything and I only use a top crust. i don't care what my mother says, you cannot beat those Pillsbury pie crusts, unless you have Martha Stewart living in your kitchen. Again, yum. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach is growling now. I wish I had that baking in my oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm..... perfect, quick, hearty, warm, comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is looks yummy and is very similar to my recipe except I used mixed vegetables that already have potatoes in them and my family is a big potato lover so I also put a can of the sliced potatos in the can. I use cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup and no milk. After see pictures of yours I think we will be having chicken pot pie this week.

    P.S. when I am cooking this for my family I have three grown boys so I double the recipe and cook it in 9 x 13 pan and use the Pillsbury dough on top with no bottom crust. We don't need the extra breading anyway. I never have any leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good!! Perfect Hearty Winter meal!! Hey I would love for you to share your stuff on my link party on Thursday!! Here is the link http://www.cookinandcraftin.com/my-2-favorite-things-on-thursday-link-party-2/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work