header

header

1.10.2013

Funnel Cakes!



How about funnel cakes for a fun weekend breakfast?

The ingredients are a variation on pancake batter and it can liven up a cold, snowy morning!

I found a recipe for Funnel Cakes at Taste of Home online and tried it out a while ago and thought I'd share:

 Country Fair Funnel Cake Recipe 
(Taste of Home Magazine)

 Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Oil for deep-fat frying
  • Confectioners' sugar

Directions


    In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and brown sugar. 
    Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. 
     In a skillet, heat oil to 375°(I don't have a thermometer, so I just heated until a drop of batter bubbled when dropped into the oil) 
    Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into funnel. Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet, release finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter is released (scraping funnel with a rubber spatula if needed).
    Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.Yield:6 servings.


    Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy. Ahhh...feels like summer!

     

7 comments:

  1. I am totally in trouble now. I love funnel cakes but can only get them once a year at the fair. Watch waistline, I can make them at home now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trickiest part is knowing when to flip them - sorry waistline!

      Delete
  2. My kids would be all over this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know everyone just vowed to lose weight this January and this is the recipe you post! haha! Looks delicious! I love funnel cakes. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic. Thanks for the recipe will be trying them soon.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work