header

header

3.04.2013

Pinterest Pass or Fail?



This week I tried Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast that came ultimately from Pioneer Woman but I found it by way of A Feast for the Eyes blog.

 At first, I said to myself "Self?  Do you REALLY need a RECIPE to make CINNAMON TOAST? Get a grip!"  But then again, I trust Ree and figured there must be something to this cinnamon toast recipe thing.

Oh, my word.  It's good!  It's even good with regular old sliced bread from the store.  But it's sinfully good with fresh cut french bread.  Wait, I need to wipe the saliva off my keyboard...


It's pretty simple, using all the same ingredients (with one secret addition):

I used about 1/2 stick butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, & a few drops of vanilla and slathered 6 slices of bread. I baked at 350 for 10 minutes. 

It was good...real good.

PASS!

What Pins have YOU tried lately?

10 comments:

  1. I've been doing the potatoes in the a crockpot and corn on the cob in the oven. New methods for me and I won't go back. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baked potatoes? I saw that one - it's a good one?

      Delete
  2. Good GAWD! NEED to do this! I found a crock pot mac & cheese that was a.w.e.s.o.m.e. Also "arm knitted" a scarf. I heart Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I (sorta) follow a tutorial on how to make cute little "baskets" from denim pants legs. They are squatty and so cute!
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/06/denim-fabric-baskets-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cook my bacon in the oven now thanks to Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that cooking it in the oven is way easier and less messy!

      Delete
  5. YES! These are awesome!
    I also found them a couple of weeks through pinterest - might even have repinned them from you :) - and they are quick and easy and everyone loves them!

    Also, we just found a recipe for a chicken salad, containing cashews, red grapes, apples and almondmousse.... hmmmm! That one was a hit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's wisest to follow a recipe - no matter how simple! Would love for you to link this to our Pinterest Challenge party: http://www.sewcando.com/2013/03/marchs-pinterest-challenge-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work