header

header

8.05.2013

Fresh Blackberry Tart


 Our woods is FULL of loaded blackberry bushes right now, so we took a morning this weekend to pick and pick and pick...

Everyone but my 12 year old knows to wear jeans and long sleeves when picking blackberries (okay, you busted me, I wore short sleeves too! I came out of there looking like I had been attacked by a cat I had so many scratches up my arms!)


Look at the number of ripe berries and ready to turn fruit!


Warm, ripe berries are so delicious!  I think I would have paid over $10 for this amount of blackberries at the grocery store.


Make your favorite crust in a tart pan then combine:

3 cups of blackberries
3/4 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 T. melted butter
1T. lemon juice
1 T. water
1/2 T. quick cooking tapioca

Stir and let sit 20 minutes.

Add to pie crust and scatter any remaining crust over the top of the berries.

Bake 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (adapted from Epicurious.com)


Come back on Thursday to read about the horrible, unexpected surprise we got while out there picking berries...

5 comments:

  1. This post just made my mouth water! I'm on a berry kick right now, and I'm feeling like my summer will be incomplete if I don't try out this recipe soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I was thinking of my mom's blackberry cobbler she used to make as I read this! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great, Jennifer! If only blackberries came seedless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I've never picked blackberries, but they're one of my favorite fruits. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work