Soooo, I have "cake attacks" every few weeks. Actually, it seems to be a monthly occurrence, if you catch my drift.
During this "attack" I must have cake. Immediately.
I have tried some mug cake recipes before and they were kind of nasty. Until Table for Two blog came into my life. She has truly the best mug cake ever.
Got 2 minutes? Let's make cake!
Moistest Chocolate Mug Cake
recipe from Table For Two
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. hazelnut chocolate spread
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add milk and vegetable oil and whisk until combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a buttered microwave-safe mug. Choose a mug that allows the cake to rise without bubbling over. My mug was big, about 12-14 oz.
- Drop 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter.
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (note: all microwaves are different so use common sense)
- Pick up super hot mug with oven mitts and dig in! (I added a spoon of ice cream on top)