Joy made this sweet little bag from a skirt!
Treat Girl knit this sweater pillow!
While there, we ate the BEST sugar cookies while there and have been trying to duplicate them ever since. We analyzed the taste, texture, color, and shape over Chai and coffee and googled the heck out of it and FINALLY came up with this recipe! They were perfect! (Thanks, DelectablyMine!)
Thick and Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (225 g) butter, melted browned butter
- 3 egg yolks (large)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (127 g) bread flour
- 1/4 cup (20 g) nonfat dry milk powder (I found a can of buttermilk powder in the baking aisle)
- 1/4 cup (30-35 g) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla.
Using a scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Don't press down, and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until almost done, then pull them out and let them finish baking and set on the baking sheet (5-10 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frost with confectioner's sugar glaze or American Buttercream!