header

header

7.08.2008

Zucchini Noodles with Veggies

I'm back on the health kick with my hubby and back to inventing new ways to increase veggies and decrease carbs. So, after some research online I decided to make "spaghetti" from zucchini to decrease the pasta. I located some ingredients in my pantry and fridge and went to work.

Ingredients:

1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise with the julienne blade on my mandolin
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 roasted red pepper, chopped
1 cup diced, cooked chicken
6 oz or so of spaghetti, cooked
2 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
1 tsp. dill weed

Saute the onion in 1 Tbsp. oil until golden then add mushrooms and zucchini. Saute until softened and browned but not mushy.
Add the red pepper and cooked chicken and heat through. Add the pasta and dill and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

The veggies create some liquid so a sauce isn't necessary, but you could always add a bit of chicken stock or some diced tomatoes if you prefer a saucier pasta. Bon appetite!

2 comments:

  1. that looks awesome.
    we add extra veggies to our pasta sauce(usually zucchini as we have a plethora of them in the garden)
    .
    I fdo happen to have all those ingredients. I may be making me some spaghetti and zucchini for dinner tonight! Thanks for the great idea and recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good...I'm a big zucchini fan.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work