header

header

7.28.2010

Wide Open Sky


See that countdown clock over there? Has it been driving you crazy? Are you one of the people who has emailed me asking for a hint, just a tiny hint? Well, I'm ready to spill the beans.

In the next few months I'm going to be working on launching my own Open Sky shop. Did I just hear someone say "A wha-?" Okay, let's backtrack.

Open Sky is a new concept in online shopping. A concept that brings a personal connection into your shopping experience, another way for me to connect with YOU!

Listen, I feel like we are buds. We banter back and forth, I ask questions, you answer. You ask questions, I answer. We laugh, we cry ... let's shop!

Each week I get emails from readers asking what color my paint is, where did I buy the twiggy reindeer on my mantle, what brand macaroni do I use in my Macaroni Salad (dude, that's good salad). I feel like it's a thing between you and I.

Open Sky will allow me to stock a shop with all the things I know and love. Things I think you'll love, too. I want to keep it funky and functional. I don't know if that's possible, but that's my goal. I want you to feel like you're getting a recommendation from a friend. A cool friend who likes to cook and decorate and build stuff. Yeah.

So, that's the big news. Bear with me as I try to get through my trip to the beach and getting these rugrats back to school. I'll be working on it slowly - we can do it together. Yep, I like the sounds of that. So, soon we'll be meeting in the wide Open Sky. I'll call you when I get there.

There is still time to link up for Tutorial Tuesday this week. Click on over and Teach Me Stuff!

Meet me back here tomorrow 'cause we going on a field trip...

One more thing - I forgot to announce the winner of the Firefly Blankets gift certificate! Congrats to Peggy AplSeeds!

.

13 comments:

  1. wow looks interesting and they're also in NYC... macaroni salad? I got to find the recipe and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great concept, and a cool store! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this, but it sounds amazing. What an awesome idea for a hip chick like yourself to share your ideas and make them more accessible! Good luck with the new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds fantastic, can't wait to see it all happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your shop, Jen! That's so exciting! Can't wait to check it out.

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you...can't wait until you launch!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl...I forgot to rell you, next to Google and Bing, your ad space gets me more shoppers than any other site I advertise on!!!!! WooHoo!!!!

    Thanks.
    Janet xox

    http://theemptynest.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Jennifer! That's exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you put in your profile that your kids talk about balls...my son (5) does too. I responded to your email I will try to answer some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! I have seen a few Open Sky shops... it is such a neat idea! Congratulations! :)

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowza! I can't wait!! And then we can hit the Goodwill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good concept. I can now imagine that store. I am sure that is going to be a big success. Good luck and I wish you aim what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer - we're excited to have you as a part of the OpenSky Family! Welcome! Look forward to checking out your shop on August 10th!

    Andrew
    Brand Manager
    OpenSky

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work