header

header

8.12.2010

Super Easy Tortellini Salad

My soul sisters came over last week for a little shot of estrogen. We had a salad buffet, slip and sliding, and homemade Boston Cream Pie. Whenever I describe my day of soul sister fun to The Big Guy, he grimaces as if in pain. Our fun is clearly his nightmare.

We were on the edge of our seats watching Marzipan's on-site Boston Cream Pie assembly...we're dorks like that.



We got a little tech-y as we tried to fix the strange Photobox error message that was stuck on The Treat Girl's blog page. Let's just say, thank goodness for the computer savvy 11 year old behind me.



Then we got our salad on.

Summer Corn Salad



And Tortellini Salad:



Easy Tortellini Salad

1 bag of frozen, tri-colored cheese tortellini (plain will work fine if you can't find tri colored)
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
1 can large black olives
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1/2 cup Ken's Steakhouse Caesar Salad Dressing


**I added a grilled chicken breast since this was a meal salad. For a side salad, omit the chicken.**

Cook the tortellini according to the package directions then assemble all the ingredients and stir. This salad should take you about 7 minutes to prepare...you got 7 minutes? Great - this salad is for you!

.

14 comments:

  1. You have the best recipes! I started following after you posted your mahvelous macaroni salad, which was a big hit at my friends' get-together. (We call ourselves the GGs, as in gym girls. Luv your Soul Sisters moniker!) This will be great for our next.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that tortellini salad! So yummy! I just wish I'd known there would be a photo session involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, Tortellini salad and corn salad...2 of my summer favs! I just had corn salad the other day with our leftover corn on the cob and chipotle (sp?) ranch dressing....yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotta ask. How did you repair the weird photo box thingy on her blog? I had that and it finally went away. Now I have a vertical dash. I think it's something with html. Could you please ask the 11 year old?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great salad.......thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The salad -- well both of them looked super good. And the fact that it's easy - well, that makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salads look delish! Salivating over the Boston Creme Cake!!!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salads look delish! Salivating over the Boston Creme Cake!!!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. those look so GOOD, it is everything I can do to not run out and buy the ingredients for the Boston creme cake

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything in that salad! YUM!!!! Aren't soul sisters the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, that salad sounds delicious! I'm hosting my book club next week and I'm totally making this. Do you have the recipe for the corn salad? I love corn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum--love that salad. Bet shrimp would be good in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this!!! Making it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make tortellini salad all the time however, I will have to try adding artichokes. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work