header

header

9.19.2011

Pumpkin Cobbler

Blogger is being a bugger this morning and won't let me upload photos, so I'm going to mess with it a bit more. In the meantime, I'll rerun a great fall recipe from the past. Isn't there something so warm and cozy about pumpkin?!?



I love to pull out a handwritten recipe from my file and set to work cooking something that brings warm memories of a moment in time.

I was reading Heather's blog, Mindless Junque, (my "friend" who doesn't know I exist) last week and she mentioned making Pumpkin Crisp. It reminded me of something tucked away in my recipe file for Pumpkin Cobbler, a recipe handed down from my Step-Mom's Mom. I decided it was the perfect dessert with the Pan Seared Pork Chops with Apple Chutney I was planning for dinner.

So, without further ado, here is...

Dora's Pumpkin Cobbler

Crust:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 egg

Mix, and reserve 1 cup. Spread the remaining mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.

Filling:

16 oz can pumpkin
5 oz can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Mix ingredients together and pour over the "crust" already in pan.

Topping:

1 cup reserved cake mixture
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. softened butter
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix topping ingredients and dot over the top of the pumpkin filling (I like more coverage on top, so I take clumps of the dough and press in irregular, flattened shapes to place over the pumpkin mixture)

Bake 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. YUM!

11 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Upload your photos via html through Flickr. :)
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delish. I love cooking/baking with pumpkin, yet I hate pumpkin pie. This cobbler looks like a good alternative to typical pumpkin pie. Yum, a must for thanksgiving :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I made this the last time you posted it. I made pumpkin bread this weekend and it was very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yu- um!! This will definitely get me in the fall spirit! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a pumpkin fan, but this looks delicious!! I just might have to go the kitchen right now . . .

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh...more than a month without sugar and this is sorely tempting me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handwritten recipes are the best - you know they come directly from someone's kitchen (: can't wait to make this - i pinned it so I would'nt lose it. Gotta wait for cooler temps here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I just switched on the printer so that I can make this sometimes this fall. It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my greatness this sounds uh-mazing and looks even better!!! YUMMY :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I was looking for a quick recipe the other night, wish I would have found this. but I will try it this weekend. looks great! thanks...by the way if you ever want a great Pumpkin Bread recipe I havew a tasty one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good!!!!! I love anything with pumpkin.

    Janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work